Sunday, January 27, 2013

Just how did this Boston girl end up in Charlotte County??

My high school buddy Patti moved here in the early 80's. My husband was out of work in MA and we had 2 weeks between unemployment checks. Patti told us to come on down. We did.

Hurricaine Elena came too! I watched the people of Charlotte county just put the debris out to the street and move along with their day. Their strength was so impressive. I often throught of them when life's disasters would strike - just pick up the pieces and move on.

I started buying property here in 2001. First it was a few land lots. Then it was a condo. Finally it was a single family home. My second home. An oasis for an over worked Sales Manager. An escape into the most beautiful place in the US.

In 2007, personal disaster hit. With the fall of the mortgage market, I lost my job. I came to FL to take a much needed break and decide what I was going to do. I thought a month in Punta Gorda would do me good. I never moved back home to MA.

My heart had been here since the 80's. I knew it was the move I needed to make. There is no better place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment